Business Process Re-engineering involves the sharp redesign of core business processes to achieve massive improvements in quality, productivity, and cycle times. During Business Process Reengineering, companies tend to start with a blank sheet of paper and rethink existing processes to deliver or add more value to the customer. Insights can help in Performance improvement, Zero-based redesign, Business process redesign, so on and so forth.
How Business Process Reengineering (BPR) works?
Business Process Reengineering is a significant change initiative that comprises of five major steps that top management should take:
- Align company values with customer needs.
- Use Information technology to redesign core processes resulting in improvements.
- Restructure a business into cross-functional teams with absolute responsibility for a process.
- Reconsider basic people and organizational issues.
- Ensure the improvement in business processes across the organization.